UPCOMING LECTURES, EXHIBITS & TALKS
Summer Authors at the Aldrich Series
25 July 2018, 6 pm
Reading and Book Signing, Aldrich Public Library, 6 Washington St., Barre, VT 05641
For more information contact Sarah Costa, Director, Aldrich Public Library at email@example.com
PAST LECTURES, EXHIBITS & TALKS
- Springfield (VT) Library & Garden Club Lecture, Dry Stone Art in Nature. April 11, 2018, Springfield Town Library, 43 Main Street, Springfield, VT 05156.
- Film Screening: Stone Rising: The Work of Dan Snow. Directed by Camilla Rockwell, 2005, USA, 57 Minutes PREVIEW. Q&A with director Camilla Rockwell. Wednesday, February 21, 2018. Sponsored by The Architecture & Design Film Series and BurlingtonCity Arts. Contois Auditorium, Burlington City Hall. 149 Church Street, Burlington, VT.
- New Hampshire Landscape Association: From Practical to Fantastical, November 14, 2017, 5 -8 pm, Manchester, NH.
- Korpo Library Artist Talk: Something from Nothing: Making Art With Available Resources, Tuesday 26 Sept 2017, Korpo bibliotek Verkanvägen 1 21710 Korpo / Korppoon, Finland.
- The Cultural Landscape Foundation Garden Dialogues 2017: Vermont Dialogue with Robin Key of RKLA Studio in conversation with Dan Snow, Jul 15, 2017, South Londonderry, VT.
- Woodstock Garden Club Annual Fall Lecture, Woodstock, VT.
- Reflecting on the Woodland Fences at Stone Hill. Essay & voice recording for exhibit Sensing Place: Reflecting on Stone Hill. The Clark, 225 South Street, Williamstown, MA.
- Horticultural Alliance of the Hamptons, Dry Stone Art in the Landscape, Bridgehampton, NY.
- Eyes on the Land, Exhibit, Shelburne Museum, Shelburne, VT, October 3, 2015 to January 3, 2016
- Eyes on the Land, PechaKucha Night, Shelburne Museum, Shelburne, VT.
- Dry Stone Art in the Landscape: Fleeting Thoughts and Works of Friction, Visiting Artist Lecture, Boise, ID, USA.
- Built to Last: Dry Stone Design and Construction, NJ ASLA Annual Meeting, Atlantic City, NJ.
- Garden Inspirations Workshop & Film Screening: Stone Rising, Brattleboro, VT.
- Readings from Gardening on Granite, with Gordon Hayward, Rice Mountain, Walpole, NH.
- The Garden Conservancy’s Open Days Program, Borderline Farm, Winhall, VT.
- From Practical to Fantastical, Dry Stone Walling Workshop evening slide-talk, Turtagrø, Norway.
- Working with Stone: Creating Connections in Time, Vermont Flower Show, Essex Junction, VT.
- Stone and Art in Nature, ET Modern Gallery, 547 West 20th Street, New York, NY.
- Authors of Dummerston Exhibit, Dummerston Historical Society Schoolhouse, Dummerston Center, VT.
- TICKON Art Park, Stone Art Building in Nature: Creating a Connection with the Spirit of Place, lecture, Sukkerfabrikken, Slottsgade 76, Tranekær, Langeland, Denmark.
- Why do I Make Art?, Exhibit Opening and Symposium Lecture, 2011 Reikaa Avaruudessa, Hole in the Universe, Kerava Art Museum, Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland.
- Art and the Working Landscape, Earth Day Celebration, lecture, Green Mountain College, Poultney, VT.
- Working With Stone: Creating A Connection With The Spirit Of Place, Gardens and Spirit Series, lecture, co-sponsored by Trinity Church and the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University, Trinity Church, Boston, MA.
- Artscaping: The Design and Installation of Land-Made Sculptures, lecture, New England Grows Conference, Boston, MA.
- Landscaping and Art Making: Two Sides of the Same Coin, lecture, National Green Centre, St. Louis, MO, January 9th.
- Lecture and Book Reading, Dry Stone Conservancy, Lexington, KY.
- Evolving as an art maker through the medium of dry stone, lecture, Still Mountain Center, Washington, CT.
- LIMITS = POTENTIAL: Dry Stone as a Medium of Expression, Lee A Bryant Lecture Series, Kansas State University, Beach Art Museum, Manhattan, KS.
- Panel discussion, talk, slide presentation Photography: The Key to Getting your Project Published, ALA, Chicago, IL.
- Guest waller, artist in residence and presenter for “Real-Work” studies program, Harley School, Rochester, NY.
- Book reading and slide presentation, Phoenix Books and Vermont Department of Agriculture, Essex, VT.
- Book reading and slide presentation, Briggs Carriage House, Brandon, VT.
- Book reading and slide presentation, Brown Dog Books, Hinesburg, VT.
- An Introduction to Building Dry Stone Walls, lecture, Traditional Building Conference, Boston, MA.
- Art and the Working Landscape: Shaping our Environment Today, Rockingham Free Library, Bellows Falls, VT.
- Interview, “Word of Mouth”, host Virginia Prescott, NHPR, Concord, NH.
- Book reading and slide presentation, River Run Books, Portsmouth, NH.
- Book reading and slide presentation, Longfellow Books, Portland, ME.
- Lecture and book reading, Hardy Plant Club and Bear Pond Books, Montpelier, VT.
- Book reading and slide presentation, Northshire Bookstore, Manchester, VT.
- Lecture, Monadnock Writers’ Group, Peterborough, NH.
- Book reading and slide presentation, Village Square Books, Bellows Falls, VT.
- Book reading and slide presentation, Toadstool Books, Keene, NH.
- Book reading, Vermont Bookshop, Middlebury, VT.
- Book reading, slide presentation and screening of “Stone Rising”, Phoenix Books, Essex, VT.
- Book reading, Yankee Bookshop, Woodstock, VT.
- Book signing, Verde, Brattleboro, VT.
- Book reading, Book Cellar, Brattleboro, VT.
- Lecture, the 8th Annual Gathering of the Stone Foundation, Barre Granite Museum, Barre, VT.
- Talk and tour, Maze of Walls, sculpture installation, benefit Town Hall Theatre and GRAI, Cornwall, VT.
- Stone Sculpture Tour, benefit Great River Arts Institute, various installation sites, Southern Vermont.
- Featured Speaker, “The Creative Process”, Springfield School District Opening Day, Springfield, VT.
- Lecture, Stone Seminar, Koli, Finland
- Stone Sculpture Tour, Benefit Great River Arts, various installation sites, Southern Vermont.
- James Otis Follett, master arch stone bridge builder, lecture, Hooker-Dunham Theater, Brattleboro, VT.
- Stone Sculpture Tour, benefit, Great River Arts Institute, various installation sites, Southern Vermont.
- Fermentation, Workshop and Seminar in Environmental Art, lecture, University of Art and Design. Helsinki, Finland.
- Walling Workshop, Bonnyvale Environmental Education Center. Brattleboro, Vermont
- Spirit & Vision, In the Future of an Imagined Past, guided tours of contemporary and traditional dry stone structures.; lecture: “Stone Unknown”, Brattleboro Museum & Art Center, Brattleboro, VT.
- Norwegian Dry Arch Bridges and Irish Lace Walls, lecture, Stone Foundation Symposium, Santa Fe, NM.
- Lecture, Management Clinic, Dry Stone Built Landscape Features, American Nursery and Landscape Association, Louisville, KY.
- Facing the Elements, Landscape Design Symposium, lecture, School of the Chicago Botanic Garden. Chicago, IL.
- Guest lecture, Dry Stone Conservancy, Lexington, KY.
- Featured speaker, fall meeting of NEARA (New England Antiquities Research Association), Stratton, VT.
- Dry Stone Generated Designs for the Landscape, lecture, New Hampshire Landscapers Association, U.N.H., Durham, NH.
- New Forms and Uses for Dry Stone Walls in the Landscape, lecture, Educational Sessions, New England Grows Conference, Boston, MA.